Director of Technology
Dec 2012 - Jan 2015
Lead, managed and helped grow in-house development team from 3 to 17 members in just 2 years. Defined, developed, architected and implemented internal and external technology strategies and processes to support the growth of the business. Determined proper technical solutions for projects in collaboration with other key departments. Additional responsibilities included internal and external systems administration.
- Lead developer on fully responsive and mobile first website for GE Energy Financial Services that was built with CakePHP and Foundation.
- Lead developer on fully responsive website for The Irvine Company’s retail division that was built with Umbraco, Bootstrap, and Angular.
- Lead developer on fully responsive website for Francisco Bread that was built with Drupal.
- Lead developer on fully responsive website for SmartStop Self Storage that was built with a custom CakePHP CMS.
- Lead developer on fully responsive and HIPAA compliant website for SCAN Health Plan that was built with Umbraco.
Senior Web Developer
The Buddy Group
May 2011 - Nov 2012
Integral in ideating, planning, estimating, developing, and deploying of projects for high profile clients. Additional responsibilities include web server systems administration and database management.
- Technical lead and lead developer for My Business Story, a website developed for Google and American Express that enables small business owners to create professional-quality videos.
- Technical lead and lead developer for VORTEXX, a website developed for Saban Brands' 6-hour Saturday morning cartoon block on the CW network.
- Lead developer for BUDeTRACK, an internal project used for time tracking, project management, and employee performance reporting.
- Redesigned all production and staging web servers with new scalable cloud instances, reducing monthly overhead by thousands of dollars.
Carson City, NV
Apr 2007 - Dec 2009
Responsible for designing, developing and administrating a network of clothing-related e-commerce websites with a combined annual revenue of over 15 million dollars.
- Designed and developed a Flash-based do-it-yourself t-shirt designer that would integrated directly with our direct-to-garment printers.
- Installed and maintained touch-screen Point of Sale machines and software at all retail locations. Implemented barcode system to expedite sales process and greatly improve inventory tracking.
- Virtualized over a dozen internal servers, greatly reducing overhead.
- Redesigned and redeveloped the entire network of e-commerce sites.
Senior Development Buddy
The Buddy Group
Lake Forest, CA
Sep 2006 - Apr 2007
Responsible for developing interactive Flash websites and mentoring and inspiring other developers within the organization.
- Developed interactive Flash website for Reebok showcasing Scarlett Johansson's Scarlett Hearts collection with 360 degree product views and I18N content.
- Developed bi-weekly Flash games and activities for McDonald's Happy Meal website.
- Developed various interactive Flash websites and games for clients including DreamWorks, Nickelodeon, Hummer and Kia.
- Organized and presented monthly lunch-and-learns on various development techniques and technologies to help educate and inspire junior developers.
I was enrolled in Stanford University's Educational Program for Gifted Youth and attended online classes for trigonometry and precalculus at the age of 15. While the online interface was crude and pushing the limits of Java applets at the time, I learned a great deal about mathematics that has suited me well over my career.
Stanford University E.P.G.Y.
Palo Alto, CA
Shortly after graduating from high school at the age of 14, I became the youngest person to ever attend the college at the time. In-between classes you could find me in the computer lab, working away on my web hosting business or technology news site.
College of the Siskiyous
1997 - 1998